Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Proposal

Pictures coming soon courtesy of Beth:)

May 21st 2008

Alec had secretly arranged for the primary president in our ward to call me and ask me to help her with a gymnastics primary activity. She told me to meet her at the church in the back patio (where we danced the first time years ago) to help her set up. I was oblivious and excited. So I rushed there from work sweaty and tired I made my way down the steps turned the corner and saw Alec there standing in a suit. As I got closer I noticed that he had the song that we danced to playing in the background! I was like where is everyone?!??! And he asked me to dance. We danced for a minute and then he asked me if I would go on a walk with him up to the temple. He was so anxious that he was basically pulling me by the hand:) We got to the temple and he asked me to sit down on a bench then he went behind this bush and grabbed his guitar, he sang me a song he wrote just for me and I couldn't believe how AMAZING it was! He then brought me a big BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers. Then he knelt down to put his guitar away (had the ring hiding in his guitar case) turned around opened the ring box and asked me to MARRY HIM! I immediately covered my face and started balling and then he came on the bench and joined me in tears. It was SUCH a special moment. The sun was just setting and we were the happiest we've ever been! Then my little sister Beth hopped out of the bush's (she was taking pictures, I had no idea and brought me a change of clothes and some make up so I would feel better going out to dinner not in my Tricks Gym clothes:) sweet sister. We had fun announcing it to everyone that night!

No comments: